I am a Notary Public based in South London and North West Kent. My main office is located in Clapham, near to Clapham North tube station. I also see clients at my residential address in Eynsford Kent.
The most commonly requested notarial services include:
- Drawing up and witnessing Powers of Attorney for use abroad
- Certifying photo pages of passports
- Certifying university degrees, GSCEs and A-levels
- Assisting with the purchase or sale of properties abroad
- Dealing with probate documents and assisting executors
- Certifying documents for immigration or emigration
- Swearing oaths for marriage abroad
- Assisting with documents required for work abroad
- Certifying documents for doctors emigrating to Australia
- Certifying documents for nurses emigrating to Australia
- Authenticating company documents and transactions
- General notarisation of documents for use abroad
- Certification of copy documents
- Obtaining an apostille at the FCO
- Legalisation at foreign consulates and embassies
- Acknowledgements for the US
- Affidavits, oaths and declarations
I can normally arrange an appointment the same day for the above services so please email or call with details of the document or documents that require notarising.
I deal with the majority of my notarial work at my office in Clapham, London, but can travel to most areas within the locality and London but for an additional cost. Areas covered include Balham, Battersea, Brixton, Camberwell, Clapham, Clapham Common, Clapham Junction, Croydon, Dulwich, Fulham, Herne Hill, Kennington, London Bridge, Norwood, Peckham, Southwark, Stockwell, Streatham and Wandsworth.
I can also offer Notary serivces in north west Kent in the evenings and at weekends. Areas covered include Bexleyheath, Bromley, Dartford, Erith, Orpington, Sevenoaks, Swanley and Welling.
You will need a notary public if the document in question needs to be sent outside of the UK. Notaries are recognised internationally in this regard.
You are likely to have been asked by your lawyer or an organisation abroad to sign or authenticate a document in the presence of a notary public. They will expect to see the notary's signature, stamp and seal.
I charge a minimum of £60 for each transaction. The fees depend on how long the matter will take, the number of documents, the complexity of the matter and whether or not an apostille is required. I will always provide you with a quote before any work is undertaken.
You may have been asked to obtain an apostille, (which is also called the Hague stamp or FCO stamp) or have the document legalised (these terms are interchangeable). Some countries require an apostille whereas others do not. Further, some countries require an apostille and a further stamp by an embassy (for instance Brazil and the UAE). Generally speaking European and South American countries will require the apostille. Commonwealth countries or former colonies do not. It is always advisable to ask if this is required but if you are unsure I can assist.
The current fee charged by the FCO for the standard service is £30 per document. The turnaround time for this is normally 3-5 days. The fee for the Premium Service is £75 per document. This is a same day service.